Each year, top law schools receive thousands of admission applicants from law school hopefuls looking to fill a few hundred seats. Recent surges in law school applicants have made rejection rates higher and the process even more taxing.
The law school admission process is one of the most competitive and stressful experiences in a student’s academic journey. A successful outcome requires more than just a great LSAT score and strong grades—it demands careful planning, research, and strategic execution.
This is where law school admissions consulting comes in.
Admissions consultants are experienced professionals who specialize in helping law school applicants navigate the admissions process. They offer prospective law students a comprehensive suite of services, from LSAT prep and essay editing to interview coaching and application strategy.
There are many law school admissions consulting firms to choose from. So, how do you know which one is right for you?
To help you make an informed decision, we’ve put together a list of the best law school admissions consulting reviews for your consideration as you begin your law school journey.
1. Admit Advantage Law School Admissions Consulting
Admit Advantage is an educational consulting company that focuses on making the law school admission process easier for future law students. They walk students through the application process from start to finish. They help students find application weaknesses and create a solid strategy.
They also help applicants avoid common application mistakes, such as asking for a letter of recommendation way too late.
Admit Advantage’s team of experts includes former admissions officers and attorneys from some of the top law schools in the country. These strategists offer multiple-year support and assist law school applicants with:
- School selection
- Application strategy
- Developing a personal statement
- Essay editing
- Application review
They also assist with interview prep and resume refinement to help you secure a seat at your dream law school.
Admit Advantage suggests that students should sign up a few months ahead of law school applications being released or during the application season.
Pros & Cons:
- One-on-one assistance with letters of recommendation
- Skilled in helping students restructure their resumes
- Free webinars for anyone interested
- Few public, 3rd party independent reviews
- No fee reductions/waivers
As Andrea Kilpatrick, Director of Law Admissions at Admit Advantage, explains,
“Admit Advantage pairs graduates of the country’s top law schools – including Harvard, Stanford, and Yale – with law school applicants to help them create outstanding law school applications and increase their chances of acceptance to their dream law schools.”
Pricing starts at 4,000 dollars and includes a free initial evaluation.
Bottom Line: Law school applicants who desire comprehensive start-to-finish support for everything needed to make a competitive push should consider Admit Advantage.
2. Kaplan Law School Admissions Consulting
Kaplan is a leading provider of test prep and educational services. They offer LSAT prep courses, law school admissions consulting, and bar exam prep.
What sets Kaplan apart is its experience and reputation. Kaplan has helped tens of thousands of students achieve their academic and professional goals. This includes international students and those with specific challenges, such as low scores or nontraditional backgrounds.
For over 80 years, they have given expert advice to prospective students seeking a law degree.
They have a team of experienced admissions consultants who are familiar with the law school admissions process and can provide valuable insights and expert guidance gained from their deep experience in the field.
According to their website, most have served on admissions committees or as advisors—many at the top law schools—and they bring this insight to students hoping to gain admission into Columbia University, Harvard, and the like.
Pros & Cons:
- Has the most experience
- Main packages include LSAT prep
- Allow payments to be split
- Expensive price tag
- Few third-party reviews are available
Pricing is between $599 – $2,579, with their hourly rate being higher than most other law school admissions consultants.
Bottom Line: Applicants applying to competitive programs, international applicants, weaker writers, or those who have complicating factors such as weaker LSAT scores or GPAs may benefit from the help of a Kaplan admissions consultant.
3. Blueprint Law School Admissions Consulting
Blueprint is a law school admissions consulting firm that offers a comprehensive suite of services to help applicants navigate the law school admissions process. They offer LSAT prep courses, essay editing, interview coaching, and application strategy.
What sets Blueprint apart from other firms is its focus on individualized attention. They work with each client to create a personalized plan of attack, taking into account the client’s goals, strengths, and weaknesses.
Their featured program options include:
Pros & Cons:
- On-Demand video lectures
- Lots of different package options
- Website includes a chat feature
- Lots of companies with similar names make reviews hard to wade through
- No printed or digital materials
Blueprint also offers a money-back guarantee—if you don’t get into your dream school, they’ll refund your entire course fee.
Bottom Line: Whether you are looking for LSAT prep, law school admissions consulting, or bar exam prep, Blueprint has the admissions professionals, resources, and expertise to help you advance your legal career.
4. BeMo Law School Admissions Consulting
BeMo is another top-rated law school admissions consulting firm that has a proven track record of helping applicants turn their packets into acceptance letters. Their team of law school consultants is led by the top 1% of admission specialists.
There are tons of pros to using this company. They have the most five-star reviews and the most school acceptances. They also offer unlimited reviews and mock interviews.
Bemo is known for its ability to:
- Help students craft stellar personal statements that wow admissions officers
- Make sure applicants won’t miss admission deadlines for top law schools
- Assist with scholarship negotiations and diversity statements
Pros & Cons:
- Rated highly on TrustPilot
- Has a 93.5% success rateHas a 93.5% success rate
- Offers a money-back guarantee
- Somewhat vague feedback sessions from an admissions officer
- History of billing after cancellation
There are four different tiers offered by BeMo.
Bottom Line: Whether you are looking for LSAT prep, law school admissions consulting, or bar exam prep, The Princeton Review has the admissions professionals, resources, and expertise to help you advance your legal career.
5. TestMasters Law School Admissions
Like Kaplan, TestMasters Is primarily own for their test prep options. However, they also offerscomprehensive admissions consulting services that make the law school application process much easier.
Their team of law school admissions experts has helped thousands of applicants gain admission to top choice programs like Chicago Law School and Harvard Law School.
But you don’t have to be set on a particular school to take advantage of their career services. TestMasters offers a variety of options to fit your needs, including comprehensive and targeted consultation, editing and essay review, mock interviews, and more.
Testmasters pride themselves on making gaining admission to law school simple.
Thier approach has proven to be successful in boosting their law school admissions statistics—as their clients have a high success rate in being accepted to one of their top 3 law school choices.
Testmasters offers three different packages:
- Hourly Consulting
- 10-Hour Consulting Package
- Platinum Consulting Package
Here’s a quick comparison chart of the features of this:
Pros & Cons:
- Has a writing process focus
- Helps waitlisted students with acceptance
- Has a more affordable hourly rate
- Platinum Package hours are limited
- Negative third-party reviews online
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for comprehensive, individualized help with your law school applications at a more affordable rate, TestMasters may have the right law school admissions consultant for you.
6. PowerScore Law School Admissions Counseling
With PowerScore, you can be sure that you are getting some of the best possible advice and guidance for your law school admissions journey.
PowerScore is one of the most well-respected and experienced names in the business, and their team of experts will work with you one-on-one to help you craft the perfect admissions strategy to wow law school admissions committees.
They pride themselves on having sent students to every single T25 school. They’ve also helped countless clients with financial assistance to attend law school. They also help students with choosing among multiple acceptances, letters of continued interest, preparation for interviews, and scholarship reconsideration.
They even offer free seminars on the law school admissions process.
Pros & Cons:
- Website is transparent about all that is offered and pricing
- Great for ESL students and those who need specialized help with their personal statements.
- Extended focus on the ‘after application’ process.
- Expensive packages and pricing when compared to other consultants
- Negative third-party reviews online
PowerScore’s Full Application Package is priced at $5995 and includes the following:
- Unlimited consultant assistance for up to 15 complete applications
- Initial consultation to discuss timelines, schools, career, aspirations, and create a personalized gameplan
- Detailed analysis of your candidacy based on GPA, LSAT scores, extracurricular activities, etc.
- Aid in creating a winning personal statement and any supplemental essays, from initial brainstorming to the final polish
- Guidance through LSAC’s Credential Assembly Service system
- Advice on any special circumstances in your application such as academic issues, criminal background, employment gap, or multiple LSAT scores
- Resume construction or polish, assistance with letters of recommendation
- Final review and proofread of your entire application
Bottom Line: If you are looking for the best possible chance of getting into your dream law school and don’t mind investing financially, then PowerScore is worth your consideration.
7. IvyWise Law School Admissions Prep
A leading law school admissions consulting firm that provides individualized, comprehensive, and strategic guidance, IvyWise supports students every step of the law school admissions process.
IvyWise has a team of highly experienced and knowledgeable law school admissions consultants who have helped thousands of students get into top law schools.
One of the things that sets IvyWise apart from other law school admissions consulting firms is its comprehensive approach to the admissions process. From choosing the right law school to preparing for their interviews, they leave no stone unturned.
IvyWise also has a strong track record of success. Clients have been admitted to top law schools such as Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Columbia, and NYU.
During the process, students work with their counselor to complete your individual applications. Applications are then submitted to the IvyWise Roundtable.
This mock law school admission council which is a mock admissions committee reviews all aspects of each application. They also provide constructive feedback that enables students to implement critical changes before applications are actually submitted.
Pros & Cons:
- Boasts a high acceptance rate (91%) to choice schools
- Services are tailored to specific student needs
- Offers pro bono services to a few select students
- Website isn’t transparent about all that is offered and pricing
- Only specialize in acceptance in certain countries
Pricing isn’t readily available on IvyWise’s website but a free initial consultation can be requested. Some third parties list their rates between $300-$600 per hour which is much higher than competing providers.
Bottom Line: If you are looking for comprehensive and personalized law school admissions consulting services that are proven to garner acceptance, IvyWise is worth checking out.
8. The Princeton Review Law School Admissions Packages
The Princeton Review is a leading provider of test prep and educational services. They offer LSAT prep courses as well as law school admissions consulting and bar exam prep.
The Princeton Review is primarily known for its comprehensive approach to test prep. Thousands of law school hopefuls take their LSAT prep courses, including in-person classes, online courses, and private tutoring.
The Princeton Review also offers bar exam prep courses and services that are helpful for those already getting their legal education. Their bar exam prep course includes a comprehensive review of all tested subjects, practice exams, and essay feedback.
They also offer a variety of law school admissions consulting services, from application strategy to interview coaching for college admissions.
Pros & Cons:
- Thirty years of experience helping students reach their dream college
- Their website includes lots of solid information for applications
- Offers a self-help option that is reasonably priced
- Specialized focus on medical schools, not law
- No fee reductions/waivers
Their Ultimate Admissions Package is around $3,200, but they also offer an On-Demand application process package at a much cheaper price point ($799.)
- Seven, one-hour virtual meetings with your College Admissions Counseling Team
- 2-3 rounds of written edits on your personal statement
- 2 rounds of written edits on your supplemental admissions essays for up to five schools
- Written edits on your top choice application form
- Final review of your top choice school application form
- Post-application support for guidance on deferrals, waitlists, and your final college selection
- Unlimited messaging with your College Coach via our interactive admissions dashboard
25 Direct Messages to the College Admissions Counseling Team
You will have specific questions while working towards your goal of applying to and being admitted to your top schools. With our direct messaging system, you will have access to a College Admissions Counseling team member to answer your unique concerns.
One round of written feedback on five essay prompts of your choice.
Activities List Tool
Access to our Activities List tool that allows you to track, manage, and print your list of extracurriculars and accomplishments throughout high school.
College Research and Application Tracker Tools
Manage your college research and applications through our tracker tools which pull college-specific data so that you can stay organized and spend your time identifying best-fit schools.
Map out key admissions-related deadlines and track your study and prep plans for meeting these deadlines.
Access to the dashboard
You have access to the tailored tools for 365 days.
There is no one answer to this question since pricing varies depending on the specific consultant and the services they offer. However, as a general range, you can expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $4,000 for these types of services.
There are several reasons why someone might choose to consult with an expert before beginning their law school application process.
For some, it may be helpful to receive guidance on which law schools are the best fit for their individual goals and objectives.
Others may want assistance with crafting a strong personal statement or ensuring their resume is up to par. Regardless of the reason, working with a consultant can give you a significant leg up in the law school admissions process.
For many students, consulting can be an invaluable asset that gives them the edge they need to get into their dream school.
While there is no guarantee that working with a consultant will result in admission to a top law school, it can certainly give you the guidance and support you need to put your best foot forward.
Bryce Welker is an active speaker, blogger, and regular contributor to Forbes, Inc.com, and Business.com where he shares his knowledge to help others boost their careers. Bryce is the founder of more than 20 test prep websites that help students and professionals pass their certification exams.